Statement of Purpose
The Danny Cleary Harbour Grace Community Centre, a multipurpose recreational facility in Harbour Grace, NL, is seeking proposals from qualified food service providers to deliver services from within a food preparation and kiosk window space within the facility.
Our goal is to partner with a food services vendor that can meet the needs of the facility and the wider community.
The successful vendor will be expected to provide services for an initial period of three years to patrons within the building and deliver to the facility additional visitors seeking takeout service. Additional catering and other opportunities should be expected.
Providers should note the Town of Harbour Grace and the Danny Cleary Harbour Grace Community Centre are not bound to accept any proposal during this REI.
Opened in 2016, the 5,700-square-metre community centre includes a spacious lobby, administrative space, six changing rooms, public washrooms, referee’s changing room, first-aid room and an NHL-sized ice rink on the main floor and a track, multi-purpose area, changing rooms, washrooms and a fitness centre on the upper level.
Most relevant and critical to this REI is the food service preparation, kitchen and delivery space — referred to as a canteen — measuring 250 sq. ft, located on the Main Floor adjacent to the hockey arena entrance.
The facility is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Mondays to Fridays and 7 a.m. to 12 a.m. (midnight) on Saturdays and Sundays. It hosts numerous levels of league and recreational hockey games and practices, figure skating and other recreational and social events, including an annual weekend community market and fair.
The facility takes its name from Danny Cleary, a hometown hockey player who, as part of the 2007-2008 Detroit Red Wings, became the first Newfoundlander to be a member of a Stanley Cup winning team.
Scope of Work
The Contractor will be responsible for providing all labor and management required to maintain the food services enterprise. The Contractor will also be responsible for operational costs including supplies, materials and normal maintenance and care of the equipment required to deliver food services.
CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This document is a request for proposal and not an offer to purchase. Nothing contained in this REI creates a contractual relationship between the Danny Cleary Harbour Grace Community Centre, the Town of Harbour Grace and any supplier.
The Centre makes no commitment in or by virtue of this REI to purchase products or services from any supplier. Such commitment may be made only in and through a properly executed agreement.
To be considered, respondents to this services REI must submit timely, written proposals that fully address all questions and requirements.
It must include the following components:
- Executive Summary: Provide a general overview of your proposal and how your company’s approach is best suited to the centre’s needs and culture;
- Company Overview: Describe your company history, mission and core values including years in business, locations, management bios and organization chart;
- Your Business Advantage: Describe what differentiates you from your competitors and how that will impact the quality of your services at the Centre;
- Your Operation: Describe your catering program and capabilities. Provide a detailed overview of the resources that will be deployed to support food services at the Centre, including purchasing standards and relationships with local, regional and national suppliers;
- Offerings: Provide a description of your food service plans, including sample café and catering menus, special promotions and product list;
- Financial Summary: Within the framework of proposed lease terms, provide a detailed 12-month operating budget for food services delivery.
EVALUATION AND AWARDS TIMELINE
All Expressions of Interest deemed appropriate for review will be subject to the following criteria:
1. Overall completeness of the proposal demonstrating provider’s understanding of the facility and its role within the service structure.
2. Overall qualifications and relevant expertise of the provider to deliver food services, including demonstrated capacity to control food supplies and methods for monitoring and evaluating food and service quality.
3. A well-developed business plan and draft of lease terms.
4. Demonstrated compliance with legal requirements (respect for all labour law provisions, proof of adequate liability insurance, etc.)
5. The sense of style, atmosphere and image the provider aims to project within the facility and to its users.
The review process is expected to adhere to the following milestones:
- RFP Issue Date: March 24, 2023
- Proposals Due: April 30, 2023
- Notice of Award: May 15, 2023
- Selected Contractor Begins Operating: To be determined.
Inquiries and Site Visits
All questions must be submitted to Sharon Reynolds via email at [email protected] no later than April 15, 2023. Visits must be completed prior to April 20, 2023.
Submit one (1) hard copy and one (1) electronic copy of your proposal to the following office:
Danny Cleary Harbour Grace Community Centre
1 Cee Bee’s Way
P.O. Box 365
Harbour Grace, NL A0A 2M0
Email: [email protected]